If you knew…

a black grain of sand,
on a black chip of stone,
resting on a smooth black pebble,
sitting on a jagged black rock,
wedged into a large black boulder,
lying on a forbidding black mountain,
1000 miles beneath an icy black sea,
that covers the surface of a huge black planet,
surrounded by nine black rings,
which slowly rotates around a burning black sun,
in the beating heart of a black solar system,
lost in the vastness of a black galaxy,
in the blackest of all regions of space;
it is nothing to the dread you would feel, if you could know,
the lurking darkness that hides in the very centre of my black, black heart.
But I still love this life so.
Go here to the start of the journey. Go here for next blog entry.
Go here for previous blog entry


Now read this

(Very) bad news… (Part 3)

By the time I arrived back at Oxford to meet Mr. P for my diagnosis discussion, I was, I’d say, about 98% sure it was going to be the bad news I’d been told to expect. The remaining 2% wasn’t based on anything other than hope (or denial,... Continue →